Jubilee Park is one of the major tourist destinations of the Steel City, Jamshedpur, located in the state of Jharkhand. The park is a complete package of entertainment with a lot of fun activities to do inside its boundaries. Keep reading to know every detail.
Table of Contents
- Where is Jubilee Park located?
- History of Jubilee Park Jamshedpur
- Who founded Jubilee Park?
- List of the major tourist attractions of Jubilee Park
- The architecture of Jubilee Park
- What is the new addition to Jubilee Park?
- What is the best time to visit Jubilee Park?
- What is the timing of Jubilee Park?
- How much is the ticket price of Jubilee Park?
- What is Jubilee Park famous for?
- What is Tata Steel Zoological Park famous for?
- Adopting Facility in Tata Zoological Park
- The new addition to the Tata Zoological Park
- Tata Zoological Park Timings
- Tata Zoological Park Tickets Price
- Nicco Jubilee Park and Splash Zone
- What is the latest addition to the Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park?
- Why is Splash Zone famous?
- Sale and Rental Price List of Nicco Jubilee Park
- Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park Timings
- Splash Zone Timings
- Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park and Splash Zone Tickets Price
- Laser Show And Musical Fountain
- Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Timings
- Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Tickets Price
- How to reach Jubilee Park?
- Places to visit near Jubilee Park
Jubilee Park is located in the center of the city of Jamshedpur, Sakchi. The Park is very close to the heart of the people of Jamshedpur because of its touching history.
Jubilee Park was a gift from Tata Steel Ltd (then TISCO Ltd), to the people of Jamshedpur on the occasion of Golden Jubilee of the city in August 1958, hence the name Jubilee. The park is operated and maintained by Tata Steel Ltd.
Jubilee Park was established under the visionary of Sir Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata, a great Indian industrialist, the founder of the Tata Group, and also the founder of the city of Jamshedpur.
List of the major tourist attractions of Jubilee Park
The architecture of the park is inspired by the Vrindavan Gardens in Mysore. The park is spread over a huge area of 500 acres and is divided into different sections. A tall statue of Sir Jamsetiji Nusserwanji Tata, the founder of Tata Groups and also the founder of the city, stands tall in the Mughal Garden of the park.
The park has a separate portion called the Rose Garden, where one can find different varieties and colors of roses. The garden looks more elegant and bright during the winter months of the year. In the evening hours, the park looks more colorful with the multicolored fountains flowing all over the park. Adjacent to the park is the Children’s Park which has many swings, slopes, etc, installed and also has an area for skating and jogging, which is the favorite spot of the kids.
Jayanti Sarovar is most popular among youngsters. To spend the evening sitting on the bank of the lake is something the young souls cherish. Smriti Udyan which means a garden of memories (Smriti: Hindi – Memory, Udhyan: Hindi- Garden), is a part of the park where saplings are planted by the members of different communities, organizations and also the employees of the Tata group as a memory of any great personality or any events. Shatabdi Udhyan is a lush green lawn just opposite to the Jayanti Sarovar. It is the best place to have a picnic while enjoying the lake view. Foliage Park is another lawn area where many rare small plants and shrubs are collectively planted.
The Horticulture Society of Jamshedpur also known as HSJ is one of the finest horticulture organizations in the state of Jharkhand. HSJ breeds many rare trees, plants, and shrubs. It also conducts many programs throughout the year such as Cactus and Succulent Shows, Summer Garden Competition, Foliage Plants Show, Chrysanthemum, Rose, Dahlia, and Gladiolus Show, Home Growing Competition, Winter Garden Competition, Annual Flower Show and a lot more. The society also provides education and training and also consultancy and advisory services on Agri-Horticultural products, Home Gardening, Bonsai Production, Landscape design, etc.
The new addition done to the park in the year 2019 is the Automated Bicycle Sharing System (ABSS), launched by Tata Steel and JUSCO in association with Tilt bikes and Tata International. Bicycles can be booked through the mobile app (‘tilt.bike/app) which can be downloaded from google play. The bicycles are available every day from 7 am to 5 pm inside the premises of the park. Anyone above the age of 16 can enjoy the ride with a charge of Rs 15 per hour.
The best time to visit the park is during the 3rd March celebrations, as every year on this day the park is beautifully decorated with colorful lights to celebrate the ‘Founder’s Day – the birth anniversary of Sir Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata’. Not only the park but the entire city is decorated with lights. People from nearby cities of West Bengal, Bihar and Orrisa specially visit Jamshedpur on this day to witness the illumination. The decorations are retained for 4 days (2nd March to 5th March) for public viewing. The park has two entrances, the Sakchi entrance, and the Circuit house entrance.
Jubilee Park remains open every day i.e Sunday to Monday from 7 am to 7 pm. The Tata Steel Zoological Park, Nicco Jubilee Park, and Splash Zone, Laser Show, And Musical Fountain, and Bat Island has separate timings (mentioned below).
Entry to every gardens and lawn of Jubilee Park including the Children’s park is free. Entry fee is applicable only for Tata Steel Zoological Park, Nicco Jubilee Park, and Splash Zone, Laser Show, And Musical Fountain (mentioned below).
A Perfect Family Picnic Destination
Jubilee Park is one of the favorite picnic spots of the locals within the city. (Note: Cooking is not allowed within the premises of the park but one can bring home-cooked food or packed food).
Jubilee Park is also famous for the Tata Steel Zoological Park, Nicco Jubilee Park, and Splash Zone, Laser Show, And Musical Fountain, and Bat Island.
Tata Steel Zoological Park
Tata Steel Zoological Park, situated within the campus of the Jubilee Park is another must-visit place in the city. The zoo was inaugurated on 3rd March 1994, on the occasion of Founder’s Day. It is maintained by the Tata Steel Zoological Society and is home to a variety of flora and fauna. Some of the species found in the zoo are
- Mammals: Black Buck, Bengal Tiger, Bengal Tiger (White), Leopard, African Lion, Grants Zebra, Chital, Sloth Bear, Indian Hog deer, Northern plain Gray langur, Bonnet Monkey, Rhesus Monkey, Sambar Deer, Barking Deer, Nilgai, Striped Hyaena, Hippopotamus, Capuchin Monkey, Mandrill Monkey, and Porcupine.
- Reptiles: Gharial, Mugger, Red-eared slider turtle, and Star tortoise.
- Birds: Pea Fowl, Grey Jungle fowl, Hill myna, Cockateel, Bar Headed Goose, White Ibis, Rainbow Lory, Larg. Ind. Parakeet, Rose Ring. Parakeet, Red Breasted parakeet, Red Jungle Fowl, Silver Pheasant, Golden pheasant, Reeves Pheasant, Ring-necked pheasant, Lady Amherst Pheasant, Emu, Ostrich, Sulphur crest. Cockatoo, African Grey Parrot, Rosy Pelican, Grey Lag Goose, Bengal Eagle-owl, Java Sparrow, and Budgerigar.
- Trees/Plants: Karam, Bel, Neem, Semal, Kachnar, Chakundi, Lasora, Shisham, Dumar/Fig, Barh, Pipal, Jagal jalebi, Mahua, Kusum, Sal, Arjun, Ber, Kadamb, and Palash.
The zoo has Nature Education Center, Library, Auditorium and a Small museum that provides information about the different species present inside the zoo. A part of the Jayanti Sarovar lies inside the zoo where one can enjoy boating. The Sarovar also has a small island on it, called the Bat Island that can be pre-booked for picnics or get-togethers. There is no entry fee for the Bat Island as such, one has to pay only the booking amount and the boat charges.
Safari Park is a famous nature trial of the zoo which the visitors enjoy. The safari has many animals that are open in the wild. The zoo has another interesting zone which is the Butterfly Park. The Butterfly Park is a small park with different colors and varieties of butterflies flying all over the park. One can actually touch and click photos with the colorful butterflies.
Adopting Facility in Tata Zoological Park
The most interesting part is, the management allows different organizations and also individuals to adopt an animal or birds of the zoo. The adopter has to take in-charge of food, drinking water, shelter, and medical facilities of the adopted animal.
The new addition to the Tata Zoological Park
The Automated Bicycle Sharing System (ABSS), the latest addition in 2019, has also been launched inside the zoo.
The timing of the Tata Zoological Park is Tuesday to Sunday, from 9 am to 5 pm. The Zoo remains closed on Mondays.
- Adult- INR 30
- Child (3 – 12 years)- INR 20
- Family ticket- (Group of four with minimum one adult and one child in the group)- Discount @ INR 2.50 per ticket.
- Tickets for Safari Park, Camera, Video Camera, and Film Shooting are charged additionally.
- Concessions for School group visits from remote & disturbed areas, village schools of Jharkhand State, children from government / NGO’s run orphanages & homes are given.
Nicco Jubilee Park and Splash Zone
Nicco Jubilee Park, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, also known as Jubilee Amusement Park, is another extension of the Jubilee Park, which is one of the favorite fun destinations of the city. The amusement park has countless dry rides like Giant Wheels, Speed Coaters, Adventures rides, Ropeways, and a lot more. The park also has a separate zone for the kids to have fun under the guidance of the authorities of the park.
Latest Addition to the Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park
The latest addition to the park in 2019 is the Splash Zone, also known as Nicco Waterpark.
Splash Zone is considered to be the largest waterpark in the state of Jharkhand. Some of the water rides are a large pool with rainbow and wave slides and a big tilting bucket, a rain dance floor, a small pool for kids with aqua cycles, and many more.
Sale and Rental Price List of Nicco Jubilee Park
Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park Timings
The timing of Nicco Jubilee Park is every Monday to Sunday, from 1 pm to 9 pm.
Splash Zone Timings
The timing of Splash Zone is every Monday to Sunday, from 11 am to 6 pm. Last Entry at 4:30 pm.
Nicco Jubilee Amusement Park and Splash Zone Tickets Price
Laser Show And Musical Fountain
Laser Show And Musical Fountain, located at a corner, inside the Jubilee park’s premises, is a place one must hop by while visiting the Park. The show is generally of short duration with laser lights and fountains dancing on the beats of famous songs. The history of Jamshedpur and how the city turned into an industrial hub is also shown during the show by throwing lasers on the water. The place is perfect for all age groups and for those who are keen to know the journey of Jamshedpur from a village to a beautiful cosmo city.
Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Timings
The Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Timings are 7 pm and 7:45 pm only on Saturdays, Sundays, and Tuesdays.
Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Tickets Price
The Jubilee Park Laser Show and Musical Fountain Tickets Price is INR 50 per person.
Places to visit near Jubilee Park
- Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bhuvaneshwari Temple, Krishna Temple
- Domuhani – the rivers meet
- Dimna Lake and Dam
- Golpahari Mata Temple
- Chandil Dam
- Hathi Kheda Mandir
How to reach Jubilee Park
How to reach Jubilee Park Jamshedpur from Howrah?
Jubilee Park is located in the city of Jamshedpur. So, if you wish to visit Jubilee Park you have to board a train to Tatanagar Jn. The distance of Jubilee Park is 11.6 Km (via Jamshedpur – Keonjhar Hwy/Station Rd/Tata – Hata Main Rd) from the railway station of the city, Tatanagar Jn (Station Code: TATA). Private cabs and Autos are available at the station which you can book to visit the park.
How to reach Jubilee Park / Tata Zoological Park from Jamshedpur ?
The distance of Jubilee Park is 2.2 km from the main bus stand of Jamshedpur, Mango bus stand. Private cabs and Autos are also available near the bus stand. After getting down the bus, one can book an auto or cab to the park.
How to reach Tata Zoological Park from Ranchi ?
One can take a bus from Ranchi to Jamshedpur and get down at Mango Bus stand, from there it’s 2.2 KM which can be covered in an auto or cab.
Like our Facebook page