Lodh fall, the largest waterfall of Jharkhand is located at an amazing backdrop. The fall is surrounded by blue hills and lush green forest which makes it look surreal. Lodh fall is also known as Budha Ghag fall because of the presence of a temple of Lord Budha near. Know more about the timings, stays, tickets, tips and lot more about Lodh Falls.
Table of Contents
- Where is Lodh Fall located?
- What is Lodh Fall famous for?
- What is the height of the Lodh Fall?
- From which river Lodh Fall or Budha Ghag Fall originates?
- Weather at Lodh Fall.
- Best time to visit Lodh Fall.
- What is the ticket price at Lodh Fall?
- What is the timing of the Lodh Fall?
- Which is the nearest town or city of Lodh Fall?
- Which is the nearest railway station from the Lodh Fall?
- Which is the nearest airport from Lodh Fall?
- How to reach Lodh Fall from Kolkata?
- Is Lodh Fall safe for tourists?
- Where to stay while visiting Lodh Fall?
- Places to visit near Lodh Fall.
Where is Lodh Fall located?
Lodh Fall is located in the Latehar district of Palamau division in the state of Jharkhand. Latehar is known for its adventure tourism. Latehar has a huge deposit of minerals and is also rich in forest resources.
What is Lodh Fall famous for?
Lodh fall is the highest waterfall in Jharkhand and 21st highest waterfall in India. One of the unique features of Lodh fall is that it has multiple drops, falling from both sides of the hills, one after the other within a short distance. Lodh Fall makes a mesmerizing thundering sound as it falls from a great height, that can be heard from a distance of 10 km.
Lodh fall was the favorite destination of British Laat Saheb (high officials). They often used to visit the fall for relaxing.
Another, interesting fact about Lodh Fall is that the depth of the fall is not known to anyone. Attempts have been made several times to measure its depth but no one succeeded. Once, the villagers tied huge boulders to long ropes in order to measure the depth but unfortunately, the boulders drowned in the abyss and no trace was found.
What is the height of the Lodh Fall?
The height of Lodh Falls is 469 ft.
From which river Lodh Fall or Budha Ghag Fall originates?
Lodh Fall or Budha Ghag Fall originates from the Burha river, a tributary of river North Koel.
Weather at Lodh Fall
Lodh Fall and the surrounding areas have a tropical climate. Summers range from the month of March to June with the temperature ranging between 35 to 49-degree centigrade. The rainy season begins in the month of July and continues till the month of September. The winter season ranges between November to February with the temperature dropping as low as 10 to 15 degrees centigrades.
Best time to visit Lodh Fall
The best time to visit the fall is in the month of August i.e during the monsoon when the water level is high. Otherwise, for a picnic, the best time to visit is during winters i.e in the month of December to February.
What is the ticket price at Lodh Fall?
The entry to Lodh Fall is free.
What is the timing of the Lodh Fall?
Lodh Fall doesn’t have timing as such. It is open for 24 hours but it is best to visit it during day time. Avoid going to the fall after sunset as it is located in an isolated place.
Which is the nearest town or city of Lodh Fall?
Netarhat is the nearest town of Lodh Fall. Netarhat is a beautiful hill station of Jharkhand, also known as the ‘Queen of Chotanagpur’. The distance of Lodh falls from Netarhat is 60.4 km via Bhusar Ghaghara Rd.
The nearest city is the capital city of Jharkhand, Ranchi, located at a distance of 186.9 km via Ghaghra – Netarhat Rd.
Which is the nearest railway station from the Lodh Fall?
The nearest railway station is Barwadih Junction (Station Code: BRWD), located at a distance of 96.6 km via Barwadih Chhipadohar Rd.
Which is the nearest airport from Lodh Fall?
Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi is the nearest airport from Lodh Fall.
How to reach Lodh Fall from Kolkata?
Board a train from Howrah Junction to Barwadih Junction. It is a 12 hrs to 15 hrs journey. Take a cab or auto from Barwadi to Lodh Fall.
The distance between Barwadi to Lodh Fall is
- 96.5 km via Barwadih Chhipadohar Rd.
You can self-drive from Kolkata to Lodh falls or book a rental cab from Kolkata to Lodh falls.
The distance between Kolkata to Lodh Fall
- 603.1 km via NH19.
- 592.4 km via NH43.
Take a flight from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata to Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi. It takes approx one to one and a half hours to reach Ranchi by air. After reaching take a cab from the airport to Lodh Fall.
The distance between Birsa Munda Airport and Lodh Fall is
- 190.2 km via Ghaghra – Netarhat Rd.
- 248.4 km via Ghaghra – Netarhat Rd and Bhusar Ghaghara Rd.
Is Lodh Fall safe for tourists?
Lodh Fall is very much safe for tourists. However, the following tips will help you to have a safe and sound visit to Lodh fall
Tips for visiting Lodh Fall
- As the fall is located at a distance from the city, it becomes isolated after 4 pm, therefore, avoid visiting the fall after sunset.
- Avoid visiting the fall alone, always be in a group.
- The safest time to visit is between 6 am to 4 pm.
- It is much safer to visit the fall during the peak season, i.e December to February.
- Carry water bottles, medicines, snacks, and other refreshments along.
Where to stay while visiting Lodh Fall?
There are no hotels or lodges near to Lodh Falls. One can stay in the nearby towns of Netarhat, Barwadih or Latehar. You can check out some of the accommodations from the official website of Latehar tourism.
The distance of Lodh Falls from the nearby towns:
- Latehar is at a distance of 128.6 km from Lodh Falls via NH39.
- Netarhat is at a distance of 60.4 km from Lodh Falls via Bhusar Ghaghara Rd.
- Barwadih is at a distance of 96.5 km from Lodh Falls via Barwadih Chhipadohar Rd