Marua Ki Roti is a traditional breakfast cuisine of Jharkhand. Marwa, also known as Ragi is an extremely healthy gluten-free millet rich in protein, calcium, fiber, and iron. It is generally found in the form of millets or flour.
Marua roti is generally prepared by the locals during festivals or on special occasions. It is best served hot with achar, chutney, curd, or curry.
Marua Ki Roti Recipe
It can be prepared in many different ways Here we are sharing the recipe of Marua Roti prepared by patting the dough.
Make some delicious Rotis with this easy recipe but do not forget to try out the authentic Marua Rotis on your next trip to Jharkhand
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 Rotis
- 2 cups ragi flour (marua atta)
- salt as per taste
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 tsp oil or butter
- 1 medium-size sliced onion
- 1 medium-size sliced capsicum
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp ajwain
1. Mix the ragi flour with all the ingredients well.
2. Add the lukewarm water slowly to the mixture and make it into a dough. Be careful while adding water as too much water will make the dough thin.
3. Divide the dough into 4 or 5 smaller doughs of equal portions.
4. Now roll the doughs to give it a shape of roti using a flat plate or palm. Use dry flour to avoid sticking into.
5. Place a flat pan on the stove and heat it.
7. Place the rotis on the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Make sure both sides of the roti is cooked well.
8. After it is cooked properly, spread oil or butter on both sides of the roti.
9. Serve the rotis hot with chutney, achar, curd, or curry.
Cover Picture Courtesy: Instagram Handle: malathy.ajayLike our Facebook page