“Thailand”, whenever I think of this country, the only things that come to mind are the lavish lifestyle, the beautiful landscape, the polite Thai-people, the awesome sea beaches and the great food. Tripinfi brings to you its first international post on a trip to Thailand from India. Thailand is a lodestone for travelers.
Thailand, a country in the South East Asia is officially known as “The Kingdom of Thailand”. It is a constitutional monarchy and has switched between parliamentary democracy and military junta for decades, the latest coup being in May 2014 by the National Council for Peace and Order. Its capital and most populous city is Bangkok. It is bordered to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Myanmar. Its maritime boundaries include Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and India on the Andaman Sea to the southwest.
Before we talk about the tourist destinations, it is important to know about few things.
- Thailand is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of India
- Bangkok is served by two international airports, Suvarnabhumi Airport also known as Bangkok International Airport and Don Mueang International Airport.
- Pattaya is served by U-Tapao International Airport.
- The currency used is Thai Baht
- Official Language is Thai
- The weather is dominated by a tropical monsoon climate which means there are three main seasons: hot season from March to June, rainy season from July to October and cool season between November and February
- Here’s a picture from the beautiful Thailand Airport.
Main tourist destinations in Bangkok
Bangkok and Pattaya are the main tourist destinations in Thailand. Bangkok is known for its Buddhist Shrines whereas Pattaya is known for its nightlife.
Tripinfi brings you the best of Bangkok, Pattaya and a Thrilling Trip to the Coral Island.
So, here are your links for an amazing Thailand tour: