Domestic flights resumed its operation from May 25, which automatically created the need for cabs in order to reach the airport. Ola cabs, therefore, has resumed its services across 22 airports in the country.
To ensure the safety of the driver as well as the passengers, Ola has appointed specially trained staff to perform car fumigation, temperature checks for driver-partners, and a car audit before every pick-up.
Representatives will also be available in airports to perform similar protocols to ensure COVID-19 safety.
The cab service has resumed its operation in Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Madurai, Mangalore, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Varanasi, and Vishakhapatnam. Passengers can now book an ola for their airport trip and also while leaving the airport.
Ola has mandated 10 Steps for a safer ride which is 5 guidelines each for the driver-partners and passengers as a precautionary step.
10 Steps for a safer ride
1. No travel in red zones: Vehicles will not operate to and from the Government identified red or containment zones.
2. Selfie-authentication of drivers: All driver-partners are required to wear masks and need to authenticate this before the start of every ride by sharing a selfie through their partner app.
3. Equipped with hygiene kits: Driver-partners will be provided with masks, sanitizers, and disinfectants and can avail these at all walk-in centres across their cities.
4. Cars to be cleaned regularly: Common surfaces like the handle, inner handle, and seat to be cleaned before every ride.
5. Flexible cancellations: Drivers and customers are being given the option of canceling a ride if the other is not wearing a mask to ensure their own safety as well that of subsequent users.
1. Wearing a mask is compulsory: All customers boarding the cab need to wear masks and should sanitize before and after every ride.
2. AC to be switched off: To avoid re-circulation of air, the AC will be switched off and windows will be kept open during all rides.
3. Two passengers per car: Only two passengers per ride will be allowed in the cab. They will also be urged to sit by the windows on the rear of the car.
4. Load and unload luggage themselves: To help maintain social distancing, customers are urged to load and unload luggage themselves.
5. Cashless payments: Customers are encouraged to make cashless payments for the rides to avoid any unnecessary contact.